These giant cookies will inspire your team to play with World Cup enthusiasm. This recipe makes two giant cookies, which should be enough to feed a whole team, plus a few parents.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
When measuring biscuit and baking mix, gently spoon mix into nested (dry) measuring cup/s. Using a metal spatula or straight-edged knife, level off the top.
- 1 package (7 or 8 ounces) almond paste (room temperature)
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 In large mixer bowl, beat almond paste and butter until smooth (about 3 minutes). Add sugar, egg and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. Add Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, beating on low speed to combine.
- 2 Remove about 1 1/2 cups cookie dough and stir cocoa into it until well combined.
- 3 Shape white dough into 20 balls (about 2 tablespoons each) and the chocolate dough into 12 balls (about 2 tablespoons each).
- 4 Coat a 13-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Place 1 chocolate ball in the center, then arrange 5 white balls around it. Alternate 5 white balls and 5 chocolate balls around the rim of the pan. As the cookie bakes, the balls melt into each other to create the soccer ball.
- 5 Bake at 350°F for 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on pan on wire rack. Repeat with remaining balls. Makes 2 giant cookies.