More and more people are looking for great taste in a gluten-free version, and we’ve accomplished it with this recipe. It’s part of our Chocolate Trends report that says we want our chocolate regardless of our dietary needs!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (12 oz.) dark chocolate chips
- 1 stick butter, softened and divided
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1 Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- 2 Melt the chocolate and butter in microwave, then add the sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- 3 Stir in the flour mixture.
- 4 Add nuts (optional)
- 5 Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- 6 Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 7 Grease two cookie sheets, or use parchment paper.
- 8 Drop by teaspoonsful onto cookie sheet.
- 9 Bake 10-11 minutes; cookies will be flat. Do not overbake; the cookies will firm up as they cool.