These Pumpkin Spice Donuts are incredibly simple and so delicious, even for those who don’t consider themselves the best ‘bakers’! These donuts are also a healthier alternative than those made with a standard cake mix.
Baking the donuts, instead of frying them, creates less mess. This is especially important if you’re cooking up these sweet treats with your kids and family.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the how-to video right here!
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (I used Cup 4 Cup)
- 1 cup sugar (I use unrefined cane sugar)
- 1 can organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Special Utensils Needed:
- Donut baking pan (available on Amazon)
- Cooking spray
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400F and spray the pan with cooking spray.
- 2 In a mixing bowl, add the eggs, pumpkin puree, applesauce, salt, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract.
- 3 Mix until well combined, then add the flour and baking soda and keep mixing for one minute. Place the batter in a large ziplock bag.
- 4 Pipe the batter into the pan, making sure to keep the batter off the donut hole center.
- 5 Bake for 18 minutes, then remove the donuts from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
- 6 You can dip them in milk and then cinnamon sugar for a topping.