Greek Style Turkey Pitas Recipe. Make your own gyros with SPAM Oven Roasted Turkey and Greek seasonings wrapped in a pita.
This recipe courtesy of SPAM®.
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried dillweed
- 2-3 drops hot pepper sauce, if desired
- 2 (12-ounce) cans SPAM® Oven Roasted Turkey
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 6 soft pita breads
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 In bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, garlic, and dillweed. If desired, add hot pepper sauce. Cover and chill several hours or overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- 2 Thinly slice SPAM®. Lightly sprinkle both sides of SPAM® with Greek seasoning.
- 3 Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place part of the SPAM® slices in skillet and heat until lightly browned; set aside, cover with foil and keep warm. Repeat with remaining SPAM® until all slices are heated.
- 4 Meanwhile, warm pitas. Place sliced SPAM® in each pita. Evenly divide tomato, onion and feta among each pita. Drizzle with sauce and serve.