Try this upscale yet simple bean and corn salad as a tasty and beautiful side dish.
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 467 Fat, Total: 23g Carbohydrates, Total: 55g
Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 214mg Protein: 17g
Fiber: 12g % Cal. from Fat: 44% % Cal. from Carbs: 47%
- 2 cups green beans, halved
- 1 cup yellow wax beans, halved
- 5 cups fresh white corn kernels (from 6 ears)
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Cook green and yellow beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse beans under cold water to cool. Pat dry with paper towels.
- 2 Combine beans, corn, bell pepper and onion in large bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3 DO-AHEAD TIP: Vegetables can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.
- 4 Blend vinegar, mustard, tarragon and garlic in food processor. Slowly blend in both oils. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5 Toss vegetables with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.