Fresh green beans are spruced up just right by adding rosemary, lemon and pistachios.
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Makes 8 servings
Facts per Serving
Calories: 113 Fat, Total: 9g Carbohydrates, Total: 8g
Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 11mg Protein: 3g
Fiber: 3g % Cal. from Fat: 72% % Cal. from Carbs: 28%
Cooking.com Tip: For optimum taste, choose only the finest natural pistachios. Bazzini’s uses only the largest California pistachios that are roasted in small batches to ensure the best flavor.
- 1 1/2 pounds small slender green beans, ends trimmed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup chopped natural pistachios
- 1/4 cup canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water until just crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain very well. (Can be made 3 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
- 2 Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, lemon peel and rosemary and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add pistachios, broth and green beans. Toss until broth reduces and sauce clings to beans, about 3 minutes.
- 3 Sprinkle with lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer beans to large shallow bowl. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve.