Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Adobo is a full flavored paste containing chilies, garlic and other spices. The tuna steaks are marinated in this flavorful blend, grilled and drizzled with Avocado Vinaigrette.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 598 Fat, Total: 11g Carbohydrates, Total: 37g
Cholesterol: 153mg Sodium: 235mg Protein: 89g
Fiber: 11g % Cal. from Fat: 17% % Cal. from Carbs: 25%
- FOR MARINADE:
- 12 ancho chiles, toasted, seeded, soaked in hot water
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups fat-free chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- FOR TUNA:
- 3 pounds yellowfin tuna
- AVOCADO VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 medium avocado
- Juice from one large lime (approx. 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup fat-free vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 FOR MARINADE: Puree the first six ingredients with just enough stock to make it go, scraping down the sides as you go. Strain and then sauté in oil until thickened. Add vinegar and sugar. Check for salt.
- 2 FOR TUNA: Slather over tuna steaks and marinate 3-6 hours. Grill tuna.
- 3 FOR AVOCADO VINAIGRETTE: Blend all thoroughly in food processor. Funnel into plastic squeeze bottle for drizzling.