The perfect appetizer for a backyard soiree, Chef Lisa Dahl’s Grilled Ambrosial Bundles are complete with Affinato with Serrano ham, Fontina cheese, radicchio, fig marmalade and a balsamic reduction!
Recipe courtesy of Executive Chef and Restauranteur Lisa Dahl. You can learn more about Chef Dahl in this great piece by AZ Big Media. She’s one of the country’s leading female chefs and restaurateurs – leading the culinary scene in Sedona for more than 2 decades. Chef Dahl is widely credited for putting Sedona on the map as a culinary destination. She’s also had the pleasure of being a James Beard House-featured chef.
- 2-4 radicchio leaves
- 2 tablespoons fig marmalade
- 3 tablespoons fontina cheese
- 4 thin slices of Serrano ham or prosciutto
- 1 With a paring knife, cut the core out of the radicchio and discard. Gently unpeel the outer leaves to separate them without tearing.
- 2 Lay them open on a clean work surface and spoon and spread a generous dollop of fig jam to cover the inside cavity. Delicately mound a nice heaping of grated fontina.
- 3 Lay sliced meat on a work surface and place the radicchio on top of the meat. Fold the outer edges of radicchio to contain the filling inside like a cigar shape.
- 4 Gently wrap the ham neatly around the bundle and refrigerate to set.
- 1 This recipe can be cooked over wood, gas or charcoal briquets. Lightly spray bundles with EVO cooking spray.
- 2 Place lightly chilled radicchio bundles on grates of grill until nice and charred on one side. With tongs, carefully turn to roast all sides.
- 3 When the ham is sizzling and cheese filling is molten, transfer to the desired plate.
- 4 Drizzle with balsamic reduction to add a heavenly finishing touch. Be careful when you dig into your first bite as the filling will be extremely hot.
- 5 It’s worth a little patience to behold the essence of sublime pleasure!