- 4 large peaches
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons flavored vinegar
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon natural sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 Preheat grill or a grill pan over medium-high heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Cut peaches into six slices each; discard pits. Cook peach slices until grill marks appear (no need to completely cook peaches). Remove from grill and let cool at room temperature.
- 2 In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- 3 Heat a medium-sized pan over medium-high heat. Add butter, pecans, sugar and cayenne pepper. Cook while stirring constantly until sugar dissolves and turns golden brown. Remove pecans from heat and cool to room temperature.
- 4 Slice both heads of romaine into six sections. Place lettuce and peaches on plate and top with dressing and candied pecans. Serve immediately.