A fantastic healthy, summer dessert! Grilled Mango’s are warm and smoky, topped with whipped honey ricotta cream, garnished with crunchy pistachios.
Recipe courtesy of Julie Gransee on behalf of the National Mango Board.
- 2 fresh, whole mangos
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
- 2 tablespoons honey, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 Preheat grill to 400 degrees F.
- 2 Cut fresh mango to remove cheeks. Brush with oil.
- 3 While the grill is preheating, make the Whipped Honey Ricotta Cream: In a medium bowl, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add the ricotta and honey, and whip again to incorporate.
- 4 Place mangos on the center of the grill, flesh side down. Grill for 1 minute, then rotate the mangos 90 degrees and grill for 1 more minute.
- 5 To assemble: spoon the Whipped Honey Ricotta Cream over each grilled mango. Add pistachios, a drizzle of honey, and a pinch of sea salt. Serve warm.