Guava is a tropical fruit with a pink flesh and hints of apple and strawberry. Guava nectar is available at both gourmet and Mexican grocery stores. This recipe can be multiplied to make a large batch.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma On the Grill, by Willie Cooper (Oxmoor House, 2009).
- Ice, as needed
- 18 fl. oz. guava nectar
- 9 fl. oz. white rum
- 3 fl. oz. fresh lime juice (from about 3 limes)
- 3 fl. oz. simple syrup (see note above)
- 24 fl. oz. sparkling water, or as needed
- 6 lime wedges
- 6 straws
- 1 Fill 6 highball glasses with ice.
- 2 In a pitcher, stir together the guava nectar, rum, lime juice and simple syrup. Pour the mixture into the glasses and top each with a splash of sparkling water. Garnish each drink with a lime wedge and straw and serve.