This meat, while lean, is well developed and ages very well. The rib meat, especially, has an inherent sweetness that pairs great with any BBQ sauce. The vigorous activity and steady diet of nutrition-packed supplements, proteins, grains and carbs means that the flesh will also have a slightly earthy flavor, and be packed with better-for-you qualities.
- 2 1/2 lbs. ribs
- 2 - 18 oz. bottles BBQ sauce
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Place ribs in a large stock pot with BBQ sauce, onion, salt, and pepper.
- 2 Pour in enough water to cover.
- 3 Bring to a low boil, and cook approximately 40 minutes.
- 4 Preheat grill for high heat.
- 5 Lightly oil grate.
- 6 Remove spareribs from the stock pot, and place on the prepared grill.
- 7 Use the BBQ sauce in the saucepan to baste ribs while cooking.
- 8 Grill ribs, basting and turning frequently, for 20 minutes, or until nicely browned.