This recipe for Harvest Brussels Sprouts Salad is another in our series from the American Diabetes Association‘s recently released cookbook Mr. Food Test Kitchen’s Guilt-Free Comfort Favorites (American Diabetes Association, September 2018, ISBN: 978-1-580-40690-1, $22.95).
Created for those with diabetes, pre-diabetes, or anyone wanting to create healthier versions of comfort foods, this recipe gives you full-on flavor without the calories.
All recipes posted from this cookbook have been approved by the American Diabetes Association to meet nutritional guidelines.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the salad
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 To make Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients; set aside.
- 2 Place Brussels sprouts in a large bowl.
- 3 In a small bowl, toss apple with lemon juice.
- 4 Add to Brussels sprouts along with pomegranate arils and walnuts. Pour dressing over salad and toss until evenly coated. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.