For this fabulous fuity salad, the Bartlett, Red Bartlett, or Anjou is recommended. Garnish each serving with thin slices of apple and pear.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 pears, 1 1/2 pound total, halved, cored and diced
- 2 cups (12 ounces) red and green seedless grapes in any combination
- 2 green or red apples, such as Cortland, Delicious, Granny Smith, McIntosh or Pippin, halved, cored and diced
- 1 Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- 2 Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast until lightly browned and fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- 3 In a small bowl, whisk together the sherry vinegar, red wine vinegar, walnut oil, olive oil, salt and pepper to form a vinaigrette.
- 4 In a small bowl, combine the pears, grapes, apples and pecans. Add the vinaigrette, toss gently to coat and serve.