It’s fun and easy to “dress” vanilla sugar cookies as sweet scarecrows by adding shredded wheat “straw hair,” a sugar wafer “hat,” and a smiling red licorice face
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®
- 1 package (17.5 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 container (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 54 sugar wafer cookies
- Shredded wheat cereal, broken up
- Assorted decorations, such as candy-coated pieces and red string licorice
- 1 Prepare cookie mix as directed on package, adding vanilla.
- 2 Cut out rounds with 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter.
- 3 Bake and cool cookies as directed on package.
- 4 Frost cookies with vanilla frosting. For the scarecrow’s hat, break a sugar wafer cookie in half. Press wafer cookie half into the top of the frosted cookie. Place a whole wafer cookie below the cookie half. Press shredded wheat around sides of the face for straw hair. Use candy-coated pieces and string licorice to decorate the face.