Hazelnut Pear Cardamom Swirl Coffee Cake Recipe. Great for breakfast or any time of day with coffee or tea.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 464 Fat, Total: 20g Carbohydrates, Total: 64g
Cholesterol: 113mg Sodium: 244mg Protein: 7g
Fiber: 2g % Cal. from Fat: 39% % Cal. from Carbs: 55%
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted husked hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup finely chopped dried pears (about 5 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canned pear nectar
- 1 Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter and flour 10-inch-diameter by 4-inch deep angel food cake pan. Mix 1/2 cup sugar, hazelnuts, dried pears, cinnamon and cardamom in small bowl to blend. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl.
- 2 Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in remaining 1 1/4 cups sugar. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then beat in vanilla. Beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk in 3 additions each. Beat in nectar. Spoon 1/3 of batter evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of hazelnut mixture. Top with half of remaining batter, then remaining hazelnut mixture. Top with remaining batter. Smooth top using knife, cut through batter to swirl hazelnut mixture.
- 3 Bake cake until tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Cool cake completely in pan on rack. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead). Cover pan with foil and store at room temperature. Using knife, cut around sides and center tube to loosen cake. Turn cake out, then turn cake over, rounded side up. Wrap cake in clear cellophane and tie with colorful ribbon.