“As you gear up for this week’s Super Bowl (or any game day really), be sure to add this GUARANTEED party favorite, our take on a healthy hot spinach and artichoke dip.
This dip is deconstructed and recreated with plant-based ingredients that are rich, creamy and packed with nutrients.
The base of this dish is a homemade ‘cheese’ made from cashew. Soaking your cashews for a minimum of 2 hours activates their nutrients and makes them EXTRA creamy for your dip. Cashews are full of good healthy fats that support your brain and are also rich in magnesium, supporting strong bones and optimal nerve function.”
Description and recipe courtesy of the Ritual Wellness blog hosted by Project Juice.
For the Cashew Cheese
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- 1 cup filtered water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Dip
- 1 1/2 cups artichoke, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Soak cashews in water for a minimum of 2 hours.
- 2 Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 3 In a blender or large food processor, first add soaked cashews, water, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, 2 tablespoons of organic extra virgin olive oil. Blend until very smooth.
- 4 If you are using a high powdered blender this will only take a minute or two. If you’re using a standard blender or food processor, keep blending until very smooth.
- 5 Transfer your cashew cheese from the blender to a large mixing bowl, add roughly chopped artichoke and spinach, diced onion, black pepper, sea salt and garlic powder. Mix very well and pour into oven safe dish.
- 6 Bake mixture in an oven safe dish for 20 minutes
- 7 To brown the top, turn oven to high broil bake for 3 minutes. Serve in baking dish to keep warm.
- 8 For dipping, use your favorite gluten-free bread or these organic stone ground blue corn tortilla chips with sprouted amaranth, quinoa and chia seeds.