This is part of our Valentine’s Day series. We made this in a giant, heart-shaped cookie pan, half chocolate chip and half peanut butter, then broke it right down the middle! After all, nothing heals a broken heart like a good chocolate chip cookie. Unless, of course, it’s a Peanut Butter cookie!
See our complete series of recipes in our Baking Date for Valentine’s Day story.
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl until fluffy.
- 3 Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- 4 Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually blend into butter mixture.
- 5 Stir in chocolate chips.
- 6 Shape and bake cookies into one of the versions listed.