What tastes better during the colder months of fall and winter than a hearty stew full of good things that will warm your tummy and lift the spirit? This easy slow cooker dish is ideal for feeding a few or for feeding a crowd.
Recipe courtesy TABASCO
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or dry vermouth
- 2 teaspoons original Tabasco® brand pepper sauce
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 cups mushrooms, halved
- 3 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1 Combine chicken with flour, 1 teaspoon salt and tarragon in medium bowl; mix well.
- 2 Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until well browned on all sides, stirring frequently.
- 3 Remove cooked chicken to slow cooker; add chicken broth, wine, Tabasco sauce, carrots, mushrooms and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 4 Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours, until chicken and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 5 Serve stew over cooked egg noodles.