Serve this easy-to-make, nutritious pie for a healthful and tasty change of pace.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- CRUST:1 cup Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- FILLING:1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Stir together crust ingredients; reserve 1/4 cup crumbs. Press remaining crumbs in bottom and up side of an 11-inch tart pan; set aside.
- 2 Combine filling ingredients except pecans; pour into crust.
- 3 Stir together reserved crumbs and pecans. Sprinkle over filling.
- 4 Bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Serve with dollops of sour cream or whipped cream, if desired.