The ideal crisp and refreshing veggie sandwich, perfect for summer, made with red onion, sliced cucumber, tomato, and fat-free cream cheese. So tasty!
Recipe and image provided by the National Onion Association.
- 2 (3-ounce) packages fat-free cream cheese
- 18 slices multi-grain bread
- 1 large red onion (about 12-ounces), thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers, marinated in French dressing
- 12 crisp lettuce leaves
- 12 tomato slices
- 6 ounces thinly sliced cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups alfalfa sprouts (optional)
- 1 Spread cream cheese evenly over 6 slices of bread.
- 2 Top with half of the onion slices and all the cucumbers. Stack with lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and a second slice of bread.
- 3 Lay cheddar over second bread slice, then add sprouts and remaining onions. Top with third slice of bread.
- 4 Cut sandwiches in half and secure with picks.