Chicken meals never get old. Chicken recipes usually please all tastes in the family, are readily available in any market, and are a staple in many kitchens across America. This week in our cooking show series, In The Kitch, Johanna shares a foolproof way to make juicy roasted chicken breasts with this recipe for Dijon Herb Roasted Chicken. With just a few simple ingredients, this recipe is perfect on a weekday or for a gathering with friends and family.
- 2 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small white or Spanish onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2 In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped onions and garlic with fresh herbs, salt and pepper and olive oil. Taste for seasoning.
- 3 Then, take the chicken breasts and fully coat them with the Dijon Herb mixture and marinade and let sit for 20-30 minutes to let the flavors get in the chicken. At this point, you can put the chicken in your Ziploc Vacuum Sealer and freeze for future meals.
- 4 Take the chicken with all Dijon Herb mixture and place in on a lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes, uncovered, until the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- 5 Let cool for about 10 minutes before slicing to prevent the juices from running out.