Dill and chives lend fresh flavor to this medley of summer vegetables, which are cooked in parchment-paper packets in a Cuisinart steam oven.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- 1 pound thin asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut on the bias about 1/8 inch thick
- 1 zucchini, cut on the bias 1/4 inch thick
- 1 yellowneck squash, cut on the bias 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 In a bowl, toss together the asparagus, carrots, zucchini, yellowneck squash, olive oil, dill and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2 Place 2 half-sheets of parchment paper, each 12 by 16 inches, on a work surface. Place half of the vegetable mixture in the center of each sheet.
- 3 Bring the long ends of 1 parchment sheet together in the center and create a 1/2-inch fold. Make several more 1/2-inch folds to form a tight seal, then twist the ends of the packet to close completely. Place the packets on the baking tray of a Cuisinart steam oven.
- 4 Position a rack in the lower rung of the steam oven. Transfer the tray to the oven. Turn the oven to the super-steam setting at 400°F according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Steam until the vegetables are tender, about 18 minutes. Transfer the packets to a platter and carefully open them. Serve the vegetables immediately.