Holiday Candy Trains Recipe. Try this craft with your kids to get them in the holiday spirit!
This recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker/General Mills.
Did You Know…Clear tape can be used instead of glue.
Purchasing: Browse a candy store to discover new gems to use when making trains.
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- 4 sixteen-inch lengths 3/8-inch-wide red or green ribbon
- 16 packages chewing gum (5 sticks each)
- 12 packages (1 1/2 ounces each) raisins
- 64 round peppermint candies
- 4 rolls ring-shaped hard candies
- 4 foil-wrapped Hershey's Kisses® milk chocolates
- Assorted foil-wrapped candies
- 12 miniature candy cane sticks
- 1 For cars of each train, glue end of 1 ribbon onto wide side of 1 gum package, 1 raisin package, 2 more gum packages and 1 more raisin package, spacing cars about 1/2 inch apart. For wheels, glue 4 peppermint candies onto sides of gum packages and 2 candies onto sides of raisin packages.
- 2 For engine, glue roll of ring-shaped candies onto first ribbon-topped gum package. Glue 2 foil-wrapped milk chocolate candies onto top of engine.
- 3 Repeat to make remaining 3 trains.