Perfect for gift giving and for a ladies morning get-together. Just remember they are best dunked into your coffee or tea.
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dried cranberries or Craisins
- ½ cup Pumpkin seeds, Pistachios, or any nut of your liking
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes, optional
- 16 ounces chocolate for melting
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Cut a sheet of parchment to fit the baking pan.
- 3 Measure and mark a 15” x 5” rectangle, or use a marked Silpat.
- 4 Sift flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
- 5 In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and coconut oil until fluffy. Add sugar and blend about 2 minutes. Add in eggs, rosemary and vanilla.
- 6 Mix in flour and baking powder. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- 7 Fold in candied ginger, craisins and nuts.
- 8 On prepared baking sheet, shape the dough into a 12”x5”x1/2” rectangle. Put a little extra flour on your hands to keep the dough from sticking.
- 9 Place back into the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven. With a serrated knife, cut into ½” slices. Lay on their sides, place bake into the oven for 10 minutes.
- 10 Remove, turn onto other side and bake another 10 minutes.
- 11 Remove to racks to cool. Dredge or drizzle chocolate onto cooled biscotti.