Just in time for the holidays, The Confidante Miami Beach is offering its Eggnog Yule Log recipe so that you can make this perfectly sweet treat right in your own home!
If you happen to be in Miami, The Confidante restaurant, Bird & Bone, will be serving this dish on Christmas and New Year’s Day. If you can’t make it to the Sunshine State, make and enjoy it anytime.
This recipe is courtesy of The Confidante Miami Beach.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 3 teaspoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For the Filling
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 cups pastry cream
- 2 cups Ganache
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate
- Meringue mushrooms, to decorate
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line 2 half sheet trays with parchment paper, spray with cooking spray.
- 2 Sift flour into a medium bowl add baking powder, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- 3 On a double boiler combine the eggs, brown sugar and salt, whisk until warm.
- 4 Transfer to a stand mixer, whisk on medium speed for 5 minutes until foamy and light, turn to high speed until ribbony and thick.
- 5 Reduce speed to medium, drizzle oil followed by the booze and vanilla. Sprinkle flour and gently incorporate the dry ingredients.
- 6 Spread on baking sheets and bake until it feels firm to the touch about 15 min, take out and cover with aluminum foil immediately.
- 7 Cool down at room temperature.
For the Filling and Shaping of the Cake
- 1 Combine all filling ingredients and warm to spreadable consistency.
- 2 Remove the foil from the cake, spoon the filling evenly on to the cake leaving 1in margin all around the edges.
- 3 Roll the cake starting from the long side using the parchment paper, position the rolled up cake seam side down.
- 4 Cover the surface with more Ganache.
- 5 Refrigerate until ganache has hardened.
- 6 Cut 3 to 4-inch pieces on a bias.
- 7 Decorate with meringue mushrooms.