These pretty fun green swirl cookies are great for St. Patrick’s Day.
This recipe courtesy of tasteofhome
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 161 calories, 7 grams fat (4 grams saturated fat), 34 milligrams cholesterol, 155 milligrams sodium, 22 grams carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 grams protein.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- 1 In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- 2 Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3 Beat in corn syrup and vanilla.
- 4 Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 5 Divide dough in half. To one portion, add peppermint extract and food coloring. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 6 On a baking sheet, roll out each portion between two sheets of waxed paper into a 14-inch x 9-inch rectangle. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 7 Remove waxed paper. Place plain rectangle over green rectangle. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 8 Unwrap and cut into 1/4-inch slices. Place 2 inch apart on greased baking sheets.
- 9 Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.