Our Cranberry Sauce, with a touch of cinnamon and vanilla, is a favorite holiday recipe.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Mix sugar and water in medium saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Add cranberries, cinnamon and orange peel; return to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes or until cranberries burst and sauce begins to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- 2 Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature. Cover.
- 3 Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 4 TIP: Cranberry sauce can be prepared up to 1 week ahead. Store in refrigerator. Stir before serving.