Babies seem to be everywhere, and so is the discussion of healthy eating when breastfeeding. Here’s a recipe for a popular item that is said to help stimulate breastmilk production and give the new mom a boost!
- 4 tablespoons Brewer’s Yeast
- 5 tablespoons tap water
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2 Mix the water with the Brewer's Yeast in a small bowl and allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
- 3 Combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and the eggs in a bowl and beat with a mixer for 2-3 minutes until all ingredients are well mixed.
- 4 Add the flaxseed to the mixture.
- 5 Add in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and brewer’s yeast and mix well.
- 6 Stir the oats, chocolate chips, and the peanut butter into the mixture until well blended.
- 7 Scoop out about one tablespoon, roll slightly, and place onto a parchment-covered cookie sheet.
- 8 Flatten slightly with fingers or fork.
- 9 Bake for about 12 minutes, longer if you like crunchy cookies.
- 10 Serve with a glass of cold milk for extra benefit!