Sweet meets savory in this Honey Ginger Pecan Snack Mix. Ginger lends spice that’s complemented by a hint of honey.
You can add your favorite dried fruits to this mix including dried pineapple, banana chips, coconut, and some tropical mixed fruit.
Recipe and image courtesy of the American Pecan Council.
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup toasted coconut chips
- 3/4 cup banana chips
- 1 cup dried pineapple (or dried tropical fruit mixture)
- 1 Whisk together egg white, honey, ground ginger, and salt until well blended. Fold in pecan halves until well coated. Spread pecans onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- 2 Bake at 275 degrees F. for about 40 to 45 minutes or until pecans are nicely toasted. Stir pecans several times during baking. Allow pecans to cool completely and transfer to a bowl. Mix in coconut, banana chips, and dried pineapple.