Ever think about making your own potato chips? It’s easier than you think. These Honey-Glazed Sweet Potato Chips are made with – no surprise – sweet potatoes, enhanced with the flavors of honey and ground cinnamon.
Whether it’s game day, the Kentucky Derby or binging on your favorite shows, these sweet potato chips are a tasty, sweet, snack or the perfect side dish to any sandwich or entree.
Recipe and image courtesy of the National Honey Board.
- 2 (about 1 1/4 lbs.) sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2 With veggie slicer, mandoline or food processor, thinly slice sweet potatoes.
- 3 Arrange potato slices in a single layer on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- 4 Combine butter and honey in a small bowl; toss the potatoes.
- 5 Bake four to five minutes per side. Sprinkle with cinnamon, salt and pepper to taste.