A microplane grater makes fast work of grating chocolate to garnish these warming drinks, which are just right for serving during the winter holidays.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Holiday Entertaining, by Georgeanne Brennan (Oxmoor House, 2007).
- 2 cups hot coffee
- 1/2 cup half-and-half, heated
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3/4 cup amber rum
- Grated chocolate for garnish
- 1 Select 4 mugs. In a pitcher, stir together the coffee, half-and-half, sugar, cardamom and nutmeg. Pour 3 tablespoons of the rum into each mug and top with the warm coffee mixture. Stir gently, sprinkle the top with the chocolate and serve immediately.