The tangy pop of rhubarb – balanced by the exotic warmth of roasted ginger – wakes up this spicy-sweet sauce for grilled tilapia.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- GINGERED RHUBARB SAUCE: 1 cup frozen sliced rhubarb
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Thai Kitchen® Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Cilantro Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Roasted Ground Ginger
- TILAPIA: 1 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Sesame Seed, Toasted
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Black Pepper, Coarse Grind
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 For the Rhubarb Sauce, microwave rhubarb in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or just until thawed. Add pineapple, lime juice, chili sauce, cilantro and ginger; toss to mix well. Set aside.
- 3 Mix sesame seed, sea salt and pepper. Brush fish with oil. Sprinkle with seasoning mixture.
- 5 Grill over medium-low heat 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with Gingered Rhubarb Sauce.