Say “I love you” this Valentine’s Day with delicious, homemade Ice Cream Lollipops. Just take scoops of your favorite BLUE BUNNY® ice cream, add lollipop sticks, dip them in a coating made from dark chocolate, cream and condensed milk, then decorate and add flavor with a crunchy topping.
Recipe courtesy of Blue Bunny®.
Variations pictured (left to right):
1. Super Fudge Brownie™ Lollipop – Blue Bunny® Super Fudge Brownie™ dipped in dark chocolate and coated with chocolate sprinkles and a fresh raspberry.
2. Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate Lollipop – Blue Bunny® Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate ice cream dipped in dark chocolate and coated with chopped, chocolate-covered bing cherry candies.
3. French Vanilla Lollipop – Blue Bunny® French Vanilla ice cream dipped in dark chocolate and coated with pink sprinkles.
- 4 small scoops of your favorite BLUE BUNNY® ice cream
- 4 ounces semi-sweet dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of your favorite toppings
- 1 medium saucepan
- 1 steel bowl
- 1 glass plate, lined with parchment paper
- 4 lollipop sticks
- Small glass bowls for toppings
- 1 Scoop BLUE BUNNY® ice cream into balls and place on a parchment-lined glass plate. Place plate in freezer for 15 minutes or until ice cream is semi-hard. Remove plate with ice cream scoops from freezer, place a lollipop stick into each ball and return to freezer.
- 2 Heat one cup of water in a medium-sized saucepan on low and place a medium-sized steel bowl on top of the pan. In the bowl, combine semi-sweet chocolate, cream and sweetened condensed milk, stirring until chocolate has completely melted and mixture is smooth.
- 3 Meanwhile, place decorative toppings into separate small glass bowls.
- 4 Remove the steel bowl from heat and quickly dip the lollipops in the chocolate and then into the decorative toppings. Place lollipops back in freezer until ready to serve.