With blackberries and nectarines at their season’s peak, now would be the perfect time to treat your family to this luscious dessert. Ice cream, cake, fresh fruit—what a great way to cap off a summer evening.
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 514 Fat, Total: 23g Carbohydrates, Total: 75g
Cholesterol: 169mg Sodium: 310mg Protein: 7g
Fiber: 4g % Cal. from Fat: 40% % Cal. from Carbs: 58%
Tip: The beauty of this dessert is that it can be assembled quickly. But if you have some extra time, try it with vanilla ice cream made from scratch. With Cuisinart’s Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream and Sorbet Maker, making your favorite flavor is a breeze – it churns out creamy frozen desserts in under 30 minutes. Add nuts, chocolate, candy or fruit through the top spout.
- One 16-ounce purchased frozen pound cake
- 1/4 cup seedless blackberry jam, stirred
- 1 1/2 quarts homemade or good-quality vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 4 ripe nectarines, halved, pitted, sliced
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Whipped cream (optional)
- 1 Remove cake from loaf pan; line pan with plastic wrap, leaving overhang. Cut cake lengthwise into four 1/2-inch-thick slices, keeping slices in order. Place bottom cake slice in prepared pan. Spread 1/2-inch-thick layer ice cream over cake. Spread jam over bottom side of second cake slice; place jam side down in pan. Repeat layering 2 times. Cover with plastic and freeze until set, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 2 Toss nectarines and blackberries in large bowl with sugar. Let stand until juices form, about 30 minutes.
- 3 Using plastic overhang, lift cake out of pan. Remove plastic wrap. Cut cake crosswise into sixteen slices. Transfer slices to plates. Spoon fruit mixture over cake. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired, and serve immediately.