Here’s another simple game-day recipe for Roasted Garlic Hummus that will add some meatless magic to your table. Hummus is a perfect appetizer for any occasion and this Insta Pot version takes advantage of your new favorite kitchen tool to create a dip that works with vegetables, crackers or especially pita bread.
The recipe is another in our series from extravaGONZO, featuring the company’s crisp, pure-tasting Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Learn more about their Gourmet Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegars here. —Editor
- 3/4 cup dried chickpeas
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extravaGONZO Roasted Garlic Culinary Oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- To taste Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Add the chickpeas, water and salt to your Instant Pot. Cover and hit the manual button. Set your timer for 45 minutes. Make sure the valve setting is “sealing.”
- 2 When the timer goes off let pot sit for about 8 minutes then move valve from “sealing” to “venting.”
- 3 Set a colander on top of a bowl. Drain the liquid from the chickpeas into the bowl. Save liquid for later.
- 4 In a blender add the extravaGONZO Roasted Garlic oil, lemon juice, garlic and 1/4 cup of reserved liquid. Add the chickpeas last. Blend until mixture is creamy.
- 5 Add reserved liquid as needed to get creamy consistency. Season to taste with pepper flakes and ground pepper.
- 6 Store hummus in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.