Chili is such a great winter food, but do you know where it came from? The history of chili is not a well known subject. Chili was made a few hundred years ago by the ancient Aztec, Maya, and Inca. With such an age-old meal, you can’t go wrong!
- 27 ounce can of chili beans
- Chili powder
- 15 ounce can of diced tomato
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1/2 of a large onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Dice onion and mince garlic.
- 2 Brown the beef in a pan.
- 3 Drain the oil from the beef with a sieve.
- 4 Put drained beef back into the pan and saute with onion and garlic. Stir continuously.
- 5 Add chili powder to taste, and a sprinkle of paprika and cumen; continue to stir.
- 6 Pour in beans and tomato. If it is too thick, add some water.
- 7 Stir until everything blends together. Taste and tweak as seen fit (can add a touch of salt, pepper, sugar, etc.)
- 8 When everything blends together, let it simmer and stir every ten minutes.
- 9 After about 30 minutes, serve!