This recipe courtesy of National Restaurant Association Mixologist John Abels. He created this fantastic martini to celebrate the inaugural International, Wine, Spirits and Beer Show (IWSB).
See our story about this food trend by clicking here.
- 2-3 fresh sage leaves
- 2 1/2 ounces micro-distilled gin
- 3 ounces ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Sugared red grapefruit wedge for garnish
- 1 In a glass, add sage leaves and gin. Muddle gently, being careful not to bruise the sage too much; you simply want to release the natural oils and flavor into the gin. Allow to marinate for at least one minute.
- 2 Add ice, ruby red grapefruit juice, and shake in a shaker. Using a cocktail strainer, strain into martini glass.
- 3 Garnish with a ruby red grapefruit wedge that has been dipped in sugar.