A unique blend of spices and flavors combine to create a hearty chili, garnished with Cheddar cheese and curled lime zest.
Recipe Courtesy of BUSH’S BEST Beans and The Vegetable with More.™
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 449, Total Fat: 20.8g, Cholesterol: 50mg, Sodium: 1519mg, Total Carbs: 48.2g, Dietary Fiber: 15.8g, Protein: 25.9g
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced roasted garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 (16 ounce) cans BUSH'S® BEST Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- Fresh lime
- 1 In a large 6-quart soup pot, saute bacon over medium heat until cooked.
- 2 Add onion, peppers, garlic and spices. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 3 Stir in pumpkin puree, BUSH'S BEST Black Beans, tomatoes, corn, broth and cocoa powder.
- 4 Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5 Serve with grated cheese and garnish with curled lime zest.