Another fabulous appetizer from country legend Martina McBride that’s perfect for game day or other entertaining. It’s upscale meets country! —Editor
©2018 by Oxmoor house: Martina’s Kitchen Mix: My Recipe Playlist for Real Life. Photo courtesy of Oxmoor House.
- 25 wooden picks
- 1 pound smoked bacon (not thick-cut) cut into thirds
- 1 (7 ounce) jar pimiento-stuffed queen olives, drained
- 1 Soak the wooden picks in water for 1 hour; drain.
- 2 Preheat a grill to 300-350˚F (medium).
- 3 Wrap each piece of bacon around an olive, securing with a wooden pick. Grill over medium, turning often, until the bacon is browned and crisp. Serve warm.
- 4 Garlic-Herb Goat Cheese Filling: Mix 2 ounces goat cheese (at room temperature); 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese; 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh herbs such as thyme, chives, or parsley; 1 small garlic clove, finely grated; and 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice. Use a pastry bag or a resealable plastic bag with the corner cut to stuff large, pitted green olives with this mixture, and then wrap them with the bacon and proceed as directed.