Recipe Courtesy of Ruskin International
Avocados are a staple of Mexican cuisine, and their versatility and easy-to-use nature make them a fantastic addition to any Cinco de Mayo party. It is important to choose the freshest avocados for these party snacks. To spot a ripe avocado, one looks for a green-black pebbly skin that yields to gentle pressure when squeezed. The following quick and easy party food recipes are just the thing to get the fiesta started this Cinco de Mayo.
- 1/2 pound jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained and liquid reserved
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large Hass Avocado from Mexico, diced
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 In a large bowl, combine the crab, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, and cumin. Fold in the Hass Avocado from Mexico and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2 Add the reserved tomato juice until desired consistency is reached. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve on corn chips or crackers.