Our favorite Mint Julep, appropriately made with Kentucky bourbon. The mint-infused simple syrup really kicks this recipe up a notch, giving it deliciously explosive flavor. It’s easy to double, and even triple, as your Derby celebrations continue. Remember to drink and share responsibly.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- 4 bunches mint, fresh, plus extra for garnish
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups good Kentucky Bourbon
- Crushed ice, as needed
- 1 In a small saucepan combine sugar and water and simmer over medium heat, or until sugar is completely dissolved.
- 2 Remove from heat and submerge half of the mint into the sugar water. Let stand at least 1 hour, or preferably overnight.
- 3 When ready, strain mixture over a large pitcher, stir together mint simple syrup and bourbon adding in remaining mint. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 4 Pack cups with crushed ice and pour 4 ounces mint julep over the top of each cup.
- 5 Garnish with a mint sprig and a straw.