Pack this saucy brisket in one of the popular heat-and-tote carriers to keep the beef hot until serving time. Bloody Mary mix provides a real taste kick.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
To round out your menu, serve the Kick-Off Brisket and “Game Thyme” Biscuit Squares with carrot and celery sticks or a tossed green salad and your favorite beverage. Be sure to make plenty to
feed all of your favorite football fans.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 5 pounds extra lean beef brisket, all visible fat removed
- 1 cup Bloody Mary mix
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (1.61 ounces) Pioneer Brown Gravy Mix
- 1 Layer onions and beef in large roaster or 13x9x2-inch baking pan or dish.
- 2 In 4-cup glass measure, stir together Bloody Mary mix, lemon-lime soda, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce; whisk in gravy mix. Pour over beef; cover tightly with foil.
- 3 Bake at 325°F for 3 hours or until beef is tender when pierced with a fork. Cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4 Cut across the grain into thin slices. Arrange beef in 13x9x2-inch baking dish or toteable carrier. Pour sauce over beef.
- 5 Cover; keep warm until serving time or refrigerate and reheat as needed.