Hot dogs along with Mustard have been an integral part of America’s family summercelebrations – from ballgames and backyard barbeques to picnics and state fairs. July is National Hot Dog Month, so celebrate with the sausage of your choice.
Recipe courtesy of French’s Mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large, red onions, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 pounds kielbasa, thickly sliced
- 2 pounds sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or non-alcoholic malt beverage
- 1/2 cup FRENCH’S Spicy Brown Mustard or Horseradish Mustard
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 8 hot dog or hero-style buns
- 1 Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions; cook 5 minutes or just until tender, stirring often. Remove from skillet.
- 2 Add kielbasa to skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Drain off fat. Stir onions, sauerkraut, beer, mustard and caraway seeds. Cook over low heat 10 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Serve in buns.