Recipe Courtesy of Williams-Sonoma. Adapted from New Healthy Kitchen Series, “Starters”, by Georgeanne Brennan (Simon & Schuster, 2006).
Fresh rosemary adds an herbal note to this healthful fruit salad.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs, each 6 inches long
- 3 kiwifruits, peeled and diced
- 2 unpeeled tart green apples, such as Granny Smith, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 In a sauce pan over medium-high heat, combine the sugar and 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the rosemary sprigs, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes. Remove the rosemary and discard. Increase the heat to high and cook, stirring, until the liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup. Let cool to room temperature.
- 2 Put the kiwifruits, apples and grapes in a bowl and pour the syrup over them, tossing to coat the fruit. Serve immediately.
- 3 Serves 4.