Cure your watch-party sweet tooth with this dessert recipe for Lady Bird Nests, featuring pretzels, chocolate, torched marshmallows and graham cracker crumbles. It’s sure to be a fan favorite! Created by entertainment and lifestyle expert Lynn Lilly of Craft Box Girls, in partnership with Bernzomatic, a leader in kitchen cooking torches.
Lilly offers these essential tips for working with a kitchen torch:
- Follow safety instructions provided, tying back long hair
- When using more intense torches, use safety gear such as gloves and glasses
- Don’t use around flammable materials or surfaces
- Use in a well-ventilated room or outdoors
- Mini pretzel rods
- Milk chocolate morsels
- Large marshmallows
- Cupcake liners
- Glitter cupcake wrappers
- Graham crackers
- 1 Place cupcake liners in a cupcake tin.
- 2 Break up the mini pretzel rods and fill the cupcake liners.
- 3 Melt the chocolate morsels in the microwave until creamy and smooth. Spoon chocolate over the pretzels.
- 4 Let the chocolate harden or place in the fridge to accelerate hardening.
- 5 Once the chocolate is hard, remove from cupcake liners and place them back in the cupcake tin.
- 6 Cut a large marshmallow into fourths. Top each nest with three marshmallow pieces.
- 7 Use the Bernzomatic TS4000to melt and crisp the marshmallows - you’ll want to torch only for a few seconds so you don't melt the chocolate.
- 8 Remove the nests from the cupcake tin and place in glitter cupcake wrappers.
- 9 Top with a dusting of graham cracker crumbles.