You’ve had the apple-tini and maybe even the chocolate martini. Time to take a sip of the latest food trend: lavender. The lavender sugar on the rim takes the drink to a spectacular visual and flavorful level.
Why Try? It’s fun to try something out of the ordinary. Be cutting edge with this cool cocktail!
Foodie Byte: You can use the lavender syrup mixed in with lemonade for a non-alcoholic drink.
- Lavender Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoon dried lavender
- Ingredients for the Cocktail:
- 4 ounces Vodka
- 1 ounce Vanilla Vodka
- 1 ounce Lavender Syrup
- 1 To make Lavender Syrup: place the dried lavender and sugar in a small saucepan. Crush the lavender flowers into the sugar with the back of a spoon. Add water and place on stove. Bring to a simmer so the sugar completely dissolves, about 2 minutes. Let the syrup completely cool before using. Can be made a day or two ahead of time and placed in the refrigerator.
- 3 To make the cocktail: Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well.
- 4 Rim the glasses with sugar and frost them in the freezer first. Serve in two martini glasses with a sprig of lavender for garnish.