This recipe, from Chef Antonio Ortuño, features the delicious leek, which belongs to the same vegetable family as garlic and onions—offering many of the same health benefits. —Editor
- 1 leek, per person
- As needed canola oil
- 100g (3/4 cup) pine nuts
- boiled chickpeas
- 2 oranges, zest of, divided
- To taste salt
- As needed extra virgin olive oil
- For garnish leek leaf chips
- 1 Steam the leek for 20 minutes.
- 2 Clean the leeks of hard leaves and cut them very thin and fry in a pot with canola oil.
- 3 Remove and set aside on paper towel.
- 4 Sauté pine nuts in frying pan without oil until golden brown, reserve.
- 5 Blend in food processor the chickpeas, the orange zest of one orange, salt and olive oil until creamy.
- 6 Sauté both sides of leeks in pan with a little bit of olive oil.
- 7 Cut each one into small pieces.
- 8 Serve the leek above the chickpeas cream, season with extra virgin olive oil and salt. Top with orange zest and toasted pine nuts and finally the crispy leaves.