Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Lemon marmalade makes a quick topping for these melt-in-your-mouth lemon cookies.
Makes 24 cookies
Facts per Serving
Calories: 76 Fat, Total: 4g Carbohydrates, Total: 9g
Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 2mg Protein: 1g
Fiber: 0g % Cal. from Fat: 47% % Cal. from Carbs: 47%
Cooking.com Tip: Marmalade gives these cookies a tangy bite. Try lemon-pear, ginger and even traditional orange marmalade. If you prefer a sweeter cookie, top the cookies with luscious lemon curd.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon marmalade or lemon curd
- 1 Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- 2 Butter baking sheet. Using electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and 1/4 cup of sugar until smooth. Mix in egg yolk, lemon juice, lemon peel, and vanilla and almond extracts, lemon peel. Mix in flour just until smooth dough forms.
- 3 Spoon remaining 3 tablespoons sugar onto plate. Form dough into 24 one-inch balls. Roll each cookie in sugar to coat lightly. Place balls on prepared baking sheets, spacing 1 1/2 inches apart. Using finger, make deep indentation in center of each ball.
- 4 Bake until bottoms are golden brown and tops lightly golden, about 23 minutes. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks to cool completely. Spoon 1/4 teaspoon lemon marmalade into each cookie indentation.
- 5 DO-AHEAD TIP: Cookies can be made 2 days ahead. Store airtight in single layer at room temperature.