Famous L.A. Lemonade from the El Cholo Cantina.
How did El Cholo came by its popular margarita recipe? ‘A guest showed them how to make a good margarita in the 60s,’ says Rand Salisbury. ‘That’s how they got it.’ The ‘they’ in this story is Salisbury’s grandparents and parents, who preceded him in running the restaurant. Salisbury says the restaurant now serves 30-40 gallons of margaritas a day.
Why Try? If it’s that popular in the restaurant, it’s got to be pretty great, right?
- .75 oz. silver tequila
- .75 oz. blue agave tequila
- .75 oz. golden anejo tequila
- 10 oz. martini glass
- 1 scoop ice in shaker glass
- 1 oz. triple sec
- 4 oz. margarita mix
- 1 Combine all ingredients in shaker glass
- 2 Shake and strain into chilled martini glass
- 3 Add lime wedge to rim of glass and serve